Vets for a Better Life
Center for Indonesian Veterinary Analytical Studies (CIVAS) is a Non-Government Organization concerned in animal health, veterinary public health, animal welfare and environment.
CIVAS was founded on November 24, 2005, by the following 16 veterinarians and one animal health activist: Tri Satya Putri Naipospos, DVM, MPhil, PhD, etc. Within 6 years of its lifetime, CIVAS currently has 21 permanent members and 26 non-permanent members, which in total 47 members. Permanent members comprise of the founders of CIVAS, members of the steering and executing bodies, plus individuals who were appointed through the annual members meeting. While nonpermanent members comprise of individuals who have expressed their interest to participate in the organization. and willing to contribute their ideas and expertise to CIVAS activities and they were coming from various backgrounds, i.e. professionals, researchers, academicians, governments, and private businesses.
These members are part of the strengths of CIVAS, not only in the effort to accomplish the vision and mission of the organization but at the same time to unified veterinarians who have similar ideas and vision in socializing the role and functions of veterinary profession to the public.
Vision and Mision:
Our vision is to achieve public health and welfare through the improvement of animal health, animal welfare and the safety of food from animal origin.
Our activities focus on training, field studies, information development, public awareness and community empowerment.
Our mision are:
1. To develop and conduct studies and research to improve animal health, veterinary public health, animal welfare and the environment.
2. To provide and present data and information on animal health, veterinary public health, animal welfare and the environment.
3. To advocate and support the government in developing (public-oriented) policies related to animal health, veterinary public health, animal welfare, and the environment.
4. To improve community role and capacity in animal health, veterinary public health, animal welfare, and the environment.
5. To empower communities in exploring and developing local based resources.
Steering Board 2018-2020:
Chair : Tri Satya Putri Naipospos, DVM, MPhil, PhD
1. Noeri Widowati, DVM, MSc.
2. Pebi Purwo Suseno, DVM
3. Hadri Latif, Dr. Med Vet, DVM, MSi
4. Andri Jatikusumah, DVM, MSc.
Executive Board 2018-2020:
Executive Director : Riana Aryani Arief, DVM / Sunandar, DVM (Ad interim)
Finance: Sri Handayani, BE
Program and Office Division: Nofita Nurbiyanti, BSVM
Program Development Division:
Program and Capacity Development: Patricia Noreva, DVM
Database and Media: Sunandar, DVM