CIVAS Outbond and Family Gathering 2015
Saturday, 30 May 2015
By: Nofita Nurbiyanti
Bogor – The Center for Indonesian Veterinary Analytical Studies (CIVAS) recently held an Outbonding and Family Gathering event for 2 days and 1 night on May 30-31, 2015, at D’Agape Meeting and Conference venue on Jl. Cikopo Selatan Km 2.5, Gadong village, Megamendung, Bogor. This is an annual event started in 2013 aimed to honor the hardwork of staff and members in building the organization, increase unity, teamwork and relationships between CIVAS staff, members and families. The event was attended by 41 participants including members of the Directive Board, Executive Board, and family members (wife/husband and children).
On the first day, we were involved in outbonding activities under the guidance of a team of instructors. We were divided into 2 groups and each group participated in team building and problem solving games. The purpose of the games was to build teamwork, competitiveness, focus and trust among team members. At the end, we played the flying fox to foster courage, decision making, and give new experiences to participants who have never played it before. Hopefully, these games could build unity and teamwork in CIVAS for a better future.
In the evening, a “Debate” was held was held for 2 hours. Moderator of the debate was Tri Satya Putri Naipospos, DVM, MPhil, PhD. There were 2 debate topics:
- Dog Meat Consumption and Trade, Should it be Prohibited?
- Does Indonesia need a Quaratine Island?
The purpose of this exercise is to add insight, increase public speaking skills, sharpen analytical abilities, and build critical thinking in members. All debate participants were asked to build an argument, analyze an issue from several points of view, and try to defend their argument with strong and sound reasons. At the end of the exercise, several lessons were learned. People in the veterinary medical profession need to unite to improve animal health in our country and we need to believe the future will bring good change.
On the second day, we held a special event to honor dedicated members who have contributed to the growth of the organization, specifically through their work as a member of the Directive Board. Honors were given to the following members of CIVAS Directive Board from periodes 2005-2008, 2009-2011, and 2012-2014:
- Tri Satya Putri Naipospos, DVM, MPhil, PhD as CIVAS Directive Board Chair for periods 2005-2008, 2009-2011, and 2012-2014,
- R. S. Memed Zoelkarnain Hassan, DVM as CIVAS Directive Board Member for periods 2005-2008, 2009-2011, and 2012-2014,
- Noeri Widowati, DVM, MSc as CIVAS Directive Board Member for periods 2005-2008 and 2009-2011,
- Didin Sudiana, DVM, MM as CIVAS Directive Board Member for periods 2005-2008, 2009-2011 and 2012-2014,
- Elly Sawitri, DVM, MSc as CIVAS Directive Board Member for periods 2005-2008 and 2009-2011,
- Chaerul Basri, DVM, MEpid as CIVAS Directive Board Member for periods 2009-2011 and 2012-2014,
- Pebi Purwo Suseno, DVM as CIVAS Directive Board Member for periods 2009-2011 and 2012-2014,
- Dr. Med.Vet. Hadri Latif, DVM, MSi as CIVAS Directive Board Member for period 2012-2014,
- Maria Digna Winda Widyastuti, DVM, MSi as CIVAS Directive Board Member for period 2012-2014.
Through this event, hopefully work performance in CIVAS could be increased in the future and members could be motivated to contribute to the veterinary profession in Indonesia.**