One Health Leadership
Wednesday, 19 May 2010
From May 3 to 5, 2010, a CIVAS member, Pebi Purwo Suseno, participated in an International Course on One Health Leadership held by the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Chiang Mai University, in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
The training was sponsored by The Rockefeller Foundation, Global Initiative for Food Systems Leadership and the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Chiang Mai University.
The objective of the training was to:
- Deepen understanding and commitment to the One Health concept, systems thinking, and leadership principles and practices.
- Develop key leadership skills essential for advancing One Health, including communication, working across boundaries, influence, vision and strategic thinking, and change-making.
- Develop action plans for how participants will apply the One Health Leadership concept in their respective regions and arenas of work.
- Strengthen personal networks to support follow-through on One Health efforts.
- Contribute to the growing body of knowledge about the development of One Health leadership globally.
The training was given by Dr. William Hueston and Dr. Daniel Stone from the Global Initiative for Food Systems Leadership. Participants were from Thailand, Indonesia, Nepal, and Sri Lanka. Indonesia was represented by 5 (five) participants, which were Dr. Agus Suwandono, Dr. Denny W. Lukman, Dr. Pebi Purwo Suseno, Dr. Tri Prasetyo Sasimartoyo, and Dr. Yatri Drastini.
As a form of commitment from all training participants in disseminating knowledge on the concept of One Health in general and One Health Leadership in particular, important training materials could be accessed and downloaded by anybody who is interested in learning and developing One Health.
The One Health material in this website will be continuously updated as more files and materials are received. Anybody who has information, materials, and articles on One Health could participate by providing and sharing them through this website.